Dangers & Disadvantages of Single Layer Fuel Tanks
Self-Bunded vs Single Skin Tanks
Is your fuel storage looking worse for wear? This is a classic and all too common site for tanks with environmental contamination.
Traditional, single-skinned storage tanks require the construction of a costly, environmentally unfriendly permanent ‘bund’ area. With full exposure to the elements, tank integrity and durability is compromised over time.
What is a Self-Bunded Tank?
The solution is – Fuelco Industrial’s self-bunded tanks (also known as double walled tanks) are essentially a tank within a tank. The inner shell serves as storage, and the outer tank will serve as the protective layer. This eliminates the need for a costly, permanent built bunded area.
The bunded area holds 110% of the inner tanks volume.
Self-Bunded Tank Advantages:
All Fuelco Self Bunded Tanks are true "Plug-n-Play" solutions with almost no pre-preparation needed. Meaning the functionality is ready to go as soon as you are ready. All you need is power and a flat surface.
- There is no need for a bund to sit the tank in – so no contaminated rainwater to test before releasing.
- No requirements for any other bunding at site.
- The minimum ground preparation is a hard level compacted service to sit the Fuelco tank on.
- Here you can drop a fully assembled Fuelco tank/ system on the ground with pumping equipment ready to use – just connect air or power.
- Fuelco systems are factory assembled and wet tested – any wet test issues are addressed before the customer receives the tank.
- Fuelco tanks are transported as a shipping container by ship, rail or road transport.
- Fuelco Tanks are in-expensive, fast and easy to re-locate.
- The barrel of the tank has full under tank visuals – Fuelco tanks are shaped not to pool water.
- Fuelco tanks can be linked together to increase storage if needed – a 110,000 litre tank or 10 x 110,000 litre tanks all connected together (Tank Farm).
- Fuelco tanks are cyclone rated – can be easily fixed to the ground – easily moved to the next site if no longer needed.
- The dispensing equipment can be installed within the tanks weatherproof lockable pump bay.
- Fuelco tanks are used by mining, rental companies and project companies where the requirements for fuel and oil storage are temporary during construction.
- The same tanks can be applied to a fixed installation on a customer’s site.
- Fuelco tanks can be used for the following storage solutions: mining, aviation, marine, rail, road transport, oils, waste oil and chemicals.
- Fuelco tanks are UL142 rated, the highest testing level available for storage tanks.
- We use marine quality paint on our tanks – all tanks come with safety signage.
Order A Self-Bunded Tank
Fuelco Tanks come in all shapes and sizes to suit your needs!
We offer different styles of Self Bunded Tanks with various capacities to suit your needs.